About Adria Schomp Zimmerman
Adria Zimmerman is a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner, trained to work with anxiety, depression, Post traumatic stress, Chronic Pain and many other debilitating symptoms of trauma. She has been in private practice specific to trauma work for 15 years. She has assisted extensively in the SE trainings helping graduate hundreds of SE practitioners. She owes her own healing and resilience to the work of Somatic Experiencing.
Somatic Experiencing is a safe and naturalistic approach to promote self-regulation, integration and resolve of traumatic stress and the debilitating symptoms of trauma.
Adria works with trauma relating to: personal falls, abuse, rape, vehicle accidents, invasive medical and dental procedures-post op, war trauma, catastrophic injury and illness, near drownings, early abuse and neglect, birth and prebirth stress and other types of traumatic events. She specializes in chronic pain, especially related to Pelvic Pain and unresolved pain and sensation from loss of limb (amputation).
Trauma symptoms can appear as: anxiety, depression, panic attacks, unresolved or unexplained chronic pain, hyperactivity fatigue, flashbacks, insomnia, headaches, dizziness/vertigo, depression, blurred vision, gastrointestinal problems, including throat and esophagus, eating disorders, troubled breathing, mood swings, feelings of fight or flight or immobilization, and/or feeling disconnected to life.
Informing her work comes from participation/certification in field related trainings and workshops:
- Complex trauma and syndromes Master class with Peter Levine, PhD.
- Agression, Depression, Triumph and Breath Master class with Peter Levine, PhD
- Somatic resillence and regulation in Early trauma with Kathy Kain and Steve Terrell, PsyD.
- Healing Attachment Wounds, DARe training, (assistant) Dr. Diane P. Heller, SE Faculty
- S E Touch Skills Training for Trauma Therapists, (assistant), Kathy Kain, SE Faculty
- Bodywork and Somatic Education for trauma therapists, (assistant), Dave Berger, SE Faculty
- Sensory Integration & Affect Regulation, Ana Do Valle, OTR, SEP, Robert Scaer, MD
- Sensory Integrative Approach in Treating Disorders of Trauma, Ana Do Valle. OTR,SEP
Adria is a Senior Training Assistant and approved Student Session and Consult Provider (Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced) in the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute Training, the SE Touch Skills Training, BASE and DARE trainings.
Somatic Experiencing Skype/VSee and phone sessions are available when appropriate.
- Active Duty Military
- Families of Veterans
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Victims of Domestic Violence
- Victims of Mass Disaster
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Medical Procedure Trauma
- Prenatal/Birth Trauma
- Adults abused as children
- Complex PTSD
- Dissociative Disorders
- Developmental Trauma
SE™ Practitioner – SE™ Assistant
Somatic Experiecing Practitioner
SEP, BASE, DARe, Touch Training for Trauma Therapists, Master Class: Syndromes and Complex Trauma and Aggression, Depression, Triumph and Breath
Post Advanced Certificates:
Touch Skills Training, BASE Practitioner (Bodywork and Somatic Education for trauma therapists)
Diability, Workman's Comp, Auto Accident Liability Claim