About Becky Carroll
I love my work as a psychotherapist and am continually amazed and excited to watch the resiliency of the human spirit and the healing and growth that can occur from the work that clients and I do together. I am interactive in sessions and believe therapy is most effective when we collaborate to ensure a best fit to you and your goals.
I have found Somatic Experiencing to be a powerful tool in processing "issues in the tissues" in a way that emphasizes finding one's internal resources, gentle pacing, and facilitation of the body-mind's natural ability to heal.
* The appropriate inclusion of SE Touch work can facilitate "touching into" experiences and "feeling held" in ways deeper than words could ever convey.
* Trauma First Aide is a way of tapping into the natural resilience of the body-mind soon after a traumatic event to prevent deeper posttraumatic stress reactions from taking root.
* SE is also a natural partner to mindfulness practices, stress management techniques, and developing a "felt" sense of setting clearer and more intentional interpersonal boundaries.
In addition, I frequently incorporate other experiential methods, such as EMDR, Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy, and binaural beat technology, such as Hemi-Sync developed by The Monroe Institute.
I have a general practice, with specialties in complex, acute, and developmental trauma, loss, LGBTQ clients, and spiritual emergence/transpersonal experiences.
* I am qualified to provide Personal Sessions to SE participants at all levels and Individual Consultations at the Beginning Level.
I also conduct workshops in exploring expanded states of consciousness as a Monroe Institute Outreach Facilitator.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Victims of Mass Disaster
- Grief and Loss
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Medical Procedure Trauma
- Prenatal/Birth Trauma
- Adults abused as children
- Complex PTSD
- Developmental Trauma
SE™ Practitioner – SE™ Assistant
Washingtonian Magazine 2009 Top Therapists list, Monroe Institute Outreach Facilitator, Trauma First Aide
Post Advanced Certificates:
Touch Skills Training
ONLY OUT-of-network/Point-of-service benefits