About Becky Carroll
Are you a professional caregiver? An empath or highly sensitive person who is affected more than others around you by what you pick up from other people and energies in the world?
Self-care for therapists and other health care practitioners is critically important. You may have gotten into your profession because you were already incredibly perceptive and intuitive about people’s feelings and their states of health and dis-ease. Maybe your own spiritual and health crises prompted a journey towards deeper healing that led to the work you do now.
I specialize in offering professional caregivers their own place of healing and support that goes beyond traditional-all-talk therapy and consultation. You need to bring a bigger and more coherent container to your work. Sensing that I "get" you, that we are collaborators meeting your concerns and goals is imperative.
And as someone newer to the Pioneer Valley, I offer an additional layer of privacy that is hard to find in this small-town culture.
I have found Somatic Experiencing to be a powerful tool in processing "issues in the tissues" in a way that emphasizes finding one's internal resources, gentle pacing, and facilitation of the body-mind's natural ability to heal.
* The appropriate inclusion of SE Touch work can facilitate "touching into" experiences and "feeling held" in ways deeper than words could ever convey.
* Trauma First Aide is a way of tapping into the natural resilience of the body-mind soon after a traumatic event to prevent deeper posttraumatic stress reactions from taking root.
* SE is also a natural partner to mindfulness practices, stress management techniques, and developing a "felt" sense of setting clearer and more intentional interpersonal boundaries.
In addition, I frequently incorporate other experiential methods, such as mindfulness practices, EMDR, Developmental Needs Meeting Strategy, and binaural beat and other audio technology, such as Hemi-Sync developed by The Monroe Institute.
Over the years, I have maintained a general practice, with specialties in complex, acute, and developmental trauma, loss, LGBTQ clients, and spiritual emergence/transpersonal experiences.
I love my work as a psychotherapist and consultant and am continually amazed and excited to watch the resiliency of the human spirit and the healing and growth that can occur from the work that clients and I do together. I am interactive in sessions and believe therapy is most effective when we collaborate to ensure a best fit to you and your goals.
* I am qualified to provide the Beginning I DVD Review, Personal Sessions to SE participants at all levels, and Individual Consultations at the Beginning Level.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Victims of Mass Disaster
- Grief and Loss
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Medical Procedure Trauma
- Prenatal/Birth Trauma
- Adults abused as children
- Complex PTSD
- Developmental Trauma
SE™ Practitioner – SE™ Assistant
Washingtonian Magazine 2009 Top Therapists list, Monroe Institute Outreach Facilitator, Trauma First Aide
Post Advanced Certificates:
Touch Skills Training
But ONLY OUT-of-network/Point-of-service benefits